Saskatchewan Health Services Card

Medical services are available throughout the province from hospitals, doctors and other health care providers. Persons without health insurance coverage are charged directly for the services. Each person should carry a personal health card, which must be shown at the reception desk when visiting the doctor or hospital.

How to Apply

If you are married, you may register yourself, your spouse and all dependants under 18 years of age who are in Saskatchewan. If you are single and 18 years of age or over, you must register separately.

You will be required to fill in an application form to obtain a Saskatchewan Health Card.  Some English is required.

Application forms to register for a Saskatchewan Health Services card are available online at or at their office.

When applying for a health services card, you will need:

  • Passport and Work Permit
  • Home Address and phone number
  • Name, address and phone number of employer
  • Name and Health Card number of spouse (if spouse already has one)

With the permanent residence status or working permit or study permit you are eligible to apply immediately. Don’t delay, avoid complications of being uninsured for medical services. You must notify Saskatchewan Health Region each time you change your address in order to maintain your coverage.